Product InfoStructurePhysical PropertiesProduct DataTransportation DataSpecification Sheet
Proof that big things can come in small packages!
Ectoin is an organic osmolyte derived from the fermentation of organisms living in extreme conditions. Scientific literature references indicate that ectoin is especially useful for skin moisturization and to maintain the skin barrier function, even under the stress of surfactants. This function is especially key with the increased focus on hand washing for pandemic cleanliness.
(S)-1,4,5,6-Tetrahydro-2-methyl-4-pyrimidinecarboxylic acid; Ectoine; NSC 614616; Pyrostatin B; Pyrostatine B; RonaCare
|1||The multifunctional role of ectoine as a natural cell protectant||Clinical Dermatology||- Ectoin is an amphoteric, water-binding organic molecule
- Ectoin protected skin from negative effects of surfactant use such as increased TEWL, dry skin, and removal of fat from skin in concentration-dependent manner and duration-dependent manner.
- Ectoin reduced TEWL by 40%
- Ectoin increased degree of skin moisturization against rapid dehydration . Resulted in 200% increase in skin hydration vs. placebo and maintain higher hydration for 7 days following application.
- Unique water affinity due to zwitterionic character of molecule||Ruediger Graf, Soheila Anzali, Joachim Buenger, Frank Pfluecker, Hansjuergen Driller||10.1016/j.clindermatol.2008.01.002|
|2||Ectoine-containing cream in the treatment of mild to moderate atopic dermatitis: a randomised, comparator-controlled, intra-individual double-blind, multi-center trial||Skin Pharmacol Physiol .||- Ectoin found to improve skin hydration, barrier function, and mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis (AD)
- Similar therapeutic efficacy was found comparing with a positive, pre-established AD medical device treatment option
- Stabilized cell membrane structures of human epithelial cells||A Marini, K Reinelt, J Krutmann, A Bilstein||10.1159/000351381|
|3||Ectoine as a promising protective agent in humans and animals||Arh Hig Rada Toksikol||- Ectoin exhibits anti-inflammatory potentials
- Ectoin protects skin barrier and stabilizes enzymes
- Increased expression of Heat Shock Proteins to protect against heat stress||Adam Bownik, Zofia Stępniewska||10.1515/aiht-2016-67-2837|
Harmonized Tariff Number: